Being a fan of The Legend Dravid

Once upon a time there was Dravid & cricket was known as Gentlman’s game. I’m thankful to Cricket for giving my role Rahul Dravid, he loved this game & I followed him throughout my life.

Watching cricket since my from my childhood. Dravid was the reason behind it. Rahul Dravid was the 'maiden name' of any athlete which learnt to spell in my childhood. I’m lucky I was alive when Dravid played his game. Now, I can say my childhood is finally over. He gave me so many memories which will remain forever.

Probably this was the last time I eagerly checked the schedule of any cricket tournament, but I can’t quit watching this game too. He surved my country by playing cricket for 17 years. I will be selfish if I try forget cricket in my life.

He gave his 110% to cricket. But he never got what he deserved. He always remained over-shadowed. His life isnt like bollywood movie which always ends well...

Lost his last test match against Australia Lost his last ODI against England Lost his last IPL match and Lost his last Champions league match.

No worldcup, No IPL, NO CLT20 trophy. He won hearts rather than trophies. But Its not easy to be fan of Rahul Dravid. I didn’t get much chances to celebrate for him. Luck hardly favoured him; he was part of team of Team India which reached Champions trophy final, World cup 2003 final, RCB team which reached IPL final in 2008 & CLT Final. But in the end . . . . He never got what he deserved. This has been his story. But at the same he showed how strong he is, if he can face such things in life, why not others. My idol taught me not to give up.

When I look back the time I had no friend cheering for him. Later I created my fan page Rahul Dravid - The Legend for him & got some good friends because of him; really happy for it.

Dravid for me has been an inspiration since my childhood. Whenever you feel god is doing unfair things to you in your life , just think about Rahul Darvid. Whenever I have failed in life, I have looked up to him. Not all dreams come true, But if you have a dream, you have to give it your best shot.

I will be going through same emotions, tears...no matter whether its Sep 16, March 09 or Oct 6.. because Nothing can take Dravid out of my life…

Thank You Dravid for these wonderfull memories…Sir you will be missed…

Jassi Chetan

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews